The 6th edition of the internationally acclaimed gold standard textbook for teaching surface anatomy and palpation. Before you can assess or treat a muscle you must first be able to locate it. This beautifully illustrated book delivers essential information for learning the musculoskeletal system and palpation. It makes the mastery of essential manual therapy skills interesting and accessible.
This acclaimed book, used in more than 1,700 manual therapy schools worldwide, is designed as a hands-on tour that will teach you to palpate the body’s structure with ease and precision.
With 456 pages and 945 illustrations covering 162 muscles, 206 bones, 33 ligaments and 110 bony landmarks, Trail Guide to the Body provides a trustworthy map of the body. It prepares students of massage therapy, physiotherapy, sports therapy and rehabilitation, occupational therapy, and other bodywork, movement, and health care students for the skilled and knowledgeable practice of manual therapy. With this textbook students also gain access to an amazing repository of free study tools, including palpation videos, audio files and overlay images.
- New full-colour illustrations convey the most life-like representations of anatomical structures.
- Chapter introductions with pre-learning questions improve comprehension and retention.
- Concise clinical stories provide relevance and real-life application.
- Newly designed icons and headings helps students quickly locate critical content.
- Updated anatomical terminology reflects the latest consensus.*Page numbers will remain the same.