This fundamental information was missing from my formal training and most likely yours too. This research backed text will help expand your perspective, enhance your practice and educate your patients.
In this informative text, you will discover knowledge and research documenting:
- What ligaments are made up of, their Mechanoreceptors and locations
- The different types of pain we experience
- The Neuromatrix neural network
- How the Biopsychosocial Model and Enactive Approach to pain affects your patients’ life and our understanding of chronic pain
- The 7 Key Features of Referred Pain
- Sclerotomes, are they real or just a figment of our imagination?
- NEW Joint Neurological Innervation Charts along with 18 NEW images
- Over 90 Ligament Pain Referral Pattern images and descriptions for the Spine and Extremities
The text book not only contains the patterns and research documenting them, but also contains knowledge of the physiological mechanism of referred pain. This research is from Professor Thomas Graven-Nielsen from The Faculty of Medicine Center for Sensory-Motor Interaction Pain and Motor System Plasticity and the Center for Neuroplasticity and Pain. He generously provided me with his research paper, Fundamentals of Muscle Pain, Referred Pain, and Deep Tissue Hyperalgesia.
There is vast knowledge of the neurological innervations of the skin and muscles, but knowledge of the specific nerve roots and nerves that innervate ligaments and joint tissues is not readily available. Through my search of neurological, anesthesiology, and denervation texts, no one accumulative chart seemed to exist.
Acquiring this information has been an all-consuming task required countless hours of scouring research papers and texts and following their references to acquire even just one piece of the puzzle.
A sneak peek Inside:
- Detailed chart documenting all 456 joints in the Adult Skeleton pg. IX
- Understanding the Neuromatrix neural network pg. 4
- The different types of pain pg. 4
- Neurophysiological Model of Referred Pain pg. 5
- The Seven Key Features of Referred Pain pg. 5
- The journey of the pain sensation pg. 6
- Understanding the Biopsychosocial Model and how it affects your patients’ life, but also our understanding of chronic pain pg. 11
- Wong-Baker FACES® Pain Rating Scale pg. 12
- Enactive Approach to pain, The “5E” model and alternative big-picture framework pg. 13
- What are ligaments made of? pg. 18
- How the Ligamentomuscular Reflex contributes to joint stability pg. 18
- Mechanoreceptors and their locations pg. 22
- How can ligaments get injured? pg. 24
- What are the consequences of ligament laxity? pg. 24
- Pathology of pain perception following ligament laxity pg. 25
- Sclerotomes Fact or Fiction? pg. 31
- Downloadable PDF for your patients pg. 208
- Each Chapter for the Spine and Extremities contains detailed Neurological Joint Innervation Charts
- 18 NEW Joint Neurological Innervation images
- Over 90 Ligament Pain Referral Pattern images and descriptions for the Spine and Extremities pg.37-205
Download a SAMPLE Chapter and Order your copy today!
Please note: the images in this SAMPLE chapter are all watermarked and of very low resolution. The images in the final printed book will all be full colour and amazing quality with no watermark!
What Rehab Experts are Saying:
” I am indeed interested in what you found out about the innervation of ligaments and joint capsules. And yes also respective pain referral patterns.” – Robert Scheip, PhD. Associate Professorship of Conservative and Rehabilitive Orthopaedics
“Libbey’s Ligament Pain Referral Patterns is an extremely practical tool at the fingertips of a new generation of pain specialists.“ – Gil Hedley, PhD., Anatomist, Somatic Explorer
“Make this book a permanent part of your learning library. You will not be disappointed.“, Dr. Jeff Rockwell, DO, MA, DOMP, Co-owner/ founder Institute of Manual Neuroscience