The role of the fascia in musculoskeletal conditions and as a body-wide communication system is now well established. Fascia: The Tensional Network of the Human Body constitutes the most comprehensive foundational textbook available that also provides the latest research theory and science around fascia and their function.
This book is unique in offering consensus from scientists and clinicians from across the world and brings together the work of the group behind the international Fascia Research Congress. It is ideal for advanced sports physiotherapists /physical therapists, musculoskeletal/orthopaedic medicine practitioners, as well as all professionals with an interest in fascia and human movement.
The comprehensive contents lay the foundations of understanding about fascia, covering current scientific understanding of physiology and anatomy, fascial-related disorders and associated therapies, and recently developed research techniques.
- Full colour illustrations clearly show fascia in context
- New content based on latest research evidence
- Critical evaluation of fascia-oriented therapies by internationally trusted experts
- Chapter outlines, key points and summary features to aid navigation
- Accompanying e-book version include instructional videos created by clinicians