“Perhaps no muscles are more misunderstood and have more dysfunction attributed to them than the psoas muscles.”
Psoas Major is one of the most important muscles in the body. The intimate and direct association of the psoas major with the spine, as well as its indirect effect upon the spine via pelvic posture, and its role in femoral hip joint function, this muscle merits the needed study for its roles in motion and stabilization.
In this DVD, Dr. Joe Muscolino demonstrates and discusses
- Review of actions and attachments
- Length assessment
- Palpation assessment
- Soft tissue manipulation: supine, side lying, 3/4 side-lying, prone and seated positions
- Self care stretches for clients
- Corrective Rest Position for the psoas major
- Bonus: Multiple yoga asanas (pose) that are effective for stretching the psoas major.
Dr. Joe Muscolino is a chiropractor in private practice and has been a manual therapy educator for more than 25 years. He explains and teaches these techniques simply, clearly, and thoroughly! This DVD is a must for all manual therapists: massage therapists, structural integration practitioners, athletic trainers, physical and occupational therapists, chiropractic and osteopathic physicians, and Pilates and yoga instructors.