In this award-winning video, Meade Steadman teaches and demonstrates everything from body mechanics, preparing your workspace, and the essentials of a full body Swedish massage from the head and face all the way down to the ankles and feet. You will learn the five strokes of massage, Effleurage, Petrissage, Friction, Tapotement, Vibration, and how to perform these strokes on both men and women. Learning the steps to Swedish massage from this video will allow you to perform a professional and beautiful massage on all your clients while maintaining a proper balance and flow of energy with your own body.
This 135-minutes DVD is the most comprehensive Swedish massage video ever produced. Welcome to your future as a professional massage therapist.
Awards & Recommendation
- Received 2004 Telly Awards
- Featured in Massage & Bodywork, Oct./Nov. 2004
- Featured in Les Nouvelles Esthetiques, Sept. 2004
- Showcased in Skin Inc., Sept. 2004
- “This DVD’s educational content was clear and most informative. I thoroughly enjoyed this DVD and would highly recommend any student to spend quality time studying the lessons and applying them in the clinical setting. It will be used in our school’s Swedish massage courses.” Virginia Chang – President Brooklyn Institute of Massage Therapy ( New York ).
In this 2 hrs, 15 mins DVD, contains step by step instructions of Swedish Massage:
- Introduction & Preparation
- Back of Legs, with contacting, movement & draping
- The Back & Neck
- The Head and Torso
- The Chest
- The Arms
- The Front of Legs
- The Feet
- Closing & Contraindications
About the Instructor
Meade Steadman is a licensed massage therapist and instructor for the Myotherapy College of Utah and the Myotherapy Institute of Massage. The courses he teaches include Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Reflexology, Hydrotherapy, Spa Specialties, and Tai Chi. Meade also works at a day spa in Salt Lake City, Utah. Meade is the featured expert in the award-winning The Art & Practice of Stone Massage, The Ultimate Face Massage, and Reflexology.