The Vital Nerves online masterclass is a comprehensive, must-have road map of the functional anatomy & assessment of the peripheral nervous system. This course is enriched with lively anatomical illustrations which accompany the text, and associated videos thoroughly explaining everything from neurological testing, common neuropathies, and differential diagnoses. This course is an indispensable resource for physical therapists and bodyworkers.
John Gibbons brings the peripheral nervous system (PNS) to life with real case studies from his own practice, and personal insights for successful hands-on treatment drawn from his own 30 years of experience. The Vital Nerves masterclass demystifies what is a fascinating but complex subject and teaches you everything you need to know – from how to diagnose nerve conditions to understanding how our cells communicate.
You will gain critical insights into the structure and functions of the PNS; the body’s response to stimuli and how it knows what to do; the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems; understanding the stress response; and how reflex testing can aid in diagnosing conditions like M.S., Parkinson’s Disease, and disc herniation. Known as ‘the expert’s expert’, The Bodymaster himself will take you step-by-step through how to:
Assess the nervous system using a patella (reflex) hammer, myotome (muscle) testing and dermatome (sensory) testing
Determine whether pain in the posterior part of the thigh is caused by the sciatic nerve, piriformis or simply a hamstring strain
Decide at what level a disc may have herniated
Differentiate between upper and lower motor neurone disorders
Know what to do with the findings of your neurological assessment and the circumstances under which to refer patients for more specialist care.
On completion of the course you will have the knowledge and practical experience necessary to identify, assess and treat specific pathologies found within the neurological framework and perform a variety of techniques that will help formulate a diagnosis and prognosis for your patients.
John Gibbons. My mission is to take away your pain.
Today, I’m Osteopath to the Oxford University Boat Club Rowing Team, my books and articles are published internationally, I lecture at Universities, and get invited to speak all over the world.
I trained and qualified in Osteopathy, Sports Therapy, Exercise Rehabilitation, Spinal Manipulation, Acupuncture and Nutrition, painstakingly developing a treatment method that is as fast and effective on office workers and housewives as it is on top athletes and super-fit soldiers.
That 20-year journey has culminated in the Bodymaster Method ® – a unique fusion of therapy techniques rigorously designed to remove pain and restore mobility without recourse to drugs or surgery.
Now my motivating passion is to teach the Bodymaster Method ® to as many Doctors, Physios and Sports Therapists as possible and much of my time is dedicated to running training courses and seminars to establish a network of Bodymaster Practitioners worldwide.
If you’re a Therapist or Doctor and you really want to discover new ways to make a lasting difference in the lives of your patients, sign up for a Bodymaster course today.
What You’ll Learn
Key areas covered in this course:
- Functional Anatomy of the Nervous System
- The Peripheral Nervous System Explained
- Anatomy and Function of the Cervical & Brachial Plexuses
- Radial, Median, Ulnar, Musculocutaneous & Axillary Nerve Testing
- Anatomy & Function of the Lumbosacral Plexus
- Deep Tendon Reflexes (DTR’s)
- Sensory Testing – Dermatomes & Cutaneous Nerves
- Motor Testing – Myotomes
- Intervertebral Disc Anatomy & Pathology
- Anatomy, Function & Assessment of the Cervical Spine
- Common Neuropathies Associated to the Nervous System
- Case Studies of Differential Diagnoses of Musculoskeletal Pain
- Nerve Tension (Neurodynamic) Tests – SLR & Slump Tests
- Upper Limb Tension Tests (ULTT) – Median, Radial & Ulnar Nerve tests
Key areas covered in this course:
- Anatomy of the Brachial Plexus & Branches
- Differential Diagnosis of Referred Pain & Pathologies
- Anatomy of the Intervertebral Disc
- Disc Pathology of C5, C6 and C7 Nerve Root Pathology
- Disc Pathology of L4, L5 & S1 and Referral Patterns
- Reflex Testing – Upper & Lower Limb
- Babinski Reflex Testing
- Dermatome Testing – Upper & Lower Limb
- Myotome Testing – Upper & Lower Limb
- Assessment of the Cervical Spine using Active, Passive ROM and Specific Tests
- Special Tests associated with the Cervical Spine
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Case Studies of Neurological Pathologies
- Upper Limb Tension Testing
- Lasegues & Slump Testing – Sciatic Nerve
£149.00 GBP (about AU$270)
Learn at your own pace
CLICK the following link to Register