In this course you will learn how to identify specific pelvic and lumbar dysfunctions within the musculo-skeletal system, and how to harness powerful and effective realignment techniques to restore function to the body.
Author and lecturer John Gibbons shares his many years of expertise as he guides you through a comprehensive understanding of the anatomy of the pelvis and very quickly focuses on the biomechanics of the sacroiliac joint, pelvis and lumbar spine.
Once this has been learnt, John then teaches you how to assess, treat and rehabilitate any dysfunctions found within this complex but highly rewarding area.
This course will dramatically change your treatment protocols with patients that present with lower back and pelvic girdle pain!
These are just some of the many lessons John will guide you through:
The walking/gait cycle and its relationship to the pelvic girdle
Leg length discrepancy and its relationship to the kinetic chain
The laws of spinal mechanics
Sacroiliac joint screening
The relationship of the hip joint, gluteal muscles, and lumbar spine to the pelvis
Assessment, treatment and specific core stability exercises for the pelvis and sacroiliac joint
In addition, he provides step-by-step techniques to identify and correct a number of impaired patterns as well as functional exercises for the pelvis that promote recovery.
The principles described can be incorporated very quickly and effectively into a treatment plan to assist in the rehabilitation of anyone recovering from injury. In particular, this course will provide the therapist with vital anatomical knowledge of the pelvic girdle and associated areas of the hip and lumbar spine.
On completion of the course you will have the knowledge and practical experience necessary to identify, assess and treat specific dysfunction within the musculo-skeletal framework of the pelvic girdle & lumbar spine and be equipped to perform a variety of techniques to help restore function, leading to greater treatment success, happier customers and a more profitable business.
John Gibbons. My mission is to take away your pain.
Today, I’m Osteopath to the Oxford University Boat Club Rowing Team, my books and articles are published internationally, I lecture at Universities, and get invited to speak all over the world.
I trained and qualified in Osteopathy, Sports Therapy, Exercise Rehabilitation, Spinal Manipulation, Acupuncture and Nutrition, painstakingly developing a treatment method that is as fast and effective on office workers and housewives as it is on top athletes and super-fit soldiers.
That 20-year journey has culminated in the Bodymaster Method ® – a unique fusion of therapy techniques rigorously designed to remove pain and restore mobility without recourse to drugs or surgery.
Now my motivating passion is to teach the Bodymaster Method ® to as many Doctors, Physios and Sports Therapists as possible and much of my time is dedicated to running training courses and seminars to establish a network of Bodymaster Practitioners worldwide.
If you’re a Therapist or Doctor and you really want to discover new ways to make a lasting difference in the lives of your patients, sign up for a Bodymaster course today.
What You’ll Learn
Key areas covered in this course:
- Anatomy of the Pelvis and the Sacroiliac Joint
- Motion of the pelvis and the Sacroiliac Joint
- Sacroiliac Joint Stability, Muscle Imbalances and the Myofascial Slings
- The Walking and Gait cycle with the relationship to the Pelvis.
- Leg Length Discrepancy and the Relationship to the Kinetic Chain and the Pelvis
- Spinal mechanics/Type I and Type II (Fryette’s Laws)
- Muscle Energy techniques and the link to the Pelvis
- Gluteal Muscles and how they Effect the Pelvis
- The Lumbar Spine and how they relate to the Position of the Pelvis
- Sacroiliac Joint Screening Tests
- Assessment of the Pelvis & Lumbar Spine
- Treatment of the Pelvis and the Lumbar Spine
Key areas covered in this course:
- Anatomy videos covering ligaments, bones and muscles of pelvis
- Spinal motion: Fryette’s Laws
- Spinal assessment – ERS vs FRS Dysfunction
- Hip assessment: FABER & FAIR tests
- Hip Pathology lectures: Labral tear & Impingements
- Gmax, Gmed and psoas and their effect on the pelvis
- Treatment for ilio-sacral, sacro-iliac, pubis symphysis and lumbar spine dysfunctions
- Muscle energy techniques (METs) to correct the postural muscles of the pelvis
- Differential diagnosis of pelvic and Lumbar Spine Pain
- Orthopaedic tests of the Pelvis, Hip & Lumbar Spine
- Prescriptive exercises for Outer Core Muscles
Learn at your own pace
CLICK the following link to Register