Explore the magic of Myofascial Release. Myofascial Release is an excellent tool to help free muscle restrictions, increase range of motion and balance structural distortions. It is a great adjunct to Deep Tissue massage, gets great results, and is easily integrated into your current treatment protocol. This myofascial release techniques are gentle stretch. This indirect method uses the hands to go with the restricted fascia, hold the stretch, and allow the fascia to ‘unwind’ itself. The gentle traction applied to the restricted fascia will result in heat, increase blood flow in the area. The intention is to allow the body’s inherent ability for self correction returns, thus restoring the optimum performance of the body.
Beginning Myofascial Release
- Basic anatomy & physiology of fascia
- How to perform Myofascial Release
- Experiencing fascia in your own body
- Releasing the superficial fascia
- Skin rolling and evaluation
- Scar release techniques
- Kinesthetic joint evaluation
- Leg and arm pulls
- The anterior, posterior & lateral fascial lines
- Cross handed stretches
- Transverse diaphragm releases.
Advanced Myofascial Release
- Postural analysis from the front
- Postural analysis from the side
- Releasing the rib cage
- Balancing the feet
- Leveling the hips
- Freeing the back
- Releasing the shoulder
- Loosening the neck: vertebral artery test, myofascial release for anterior and posterior cervical musculature, oriented toward the patient with whiplash or neck pain.
- Freeing the jaw and TMJ. Included are techniques for the masseter, temporalis, pterygoids and cranial musculature.
- Loosening the scalp
To purchase click the following link