Many people suffer needlessly from wrist and hand pain. It seems that when anyone has pain in the wrist or hand, immediately cry “carpal tunnel syndrome”. There are many causes of wrist pain that are not carpal tunnel syndrome. This DVD is a basic handbook for a therapist or client seeking to understand the hand’s structure and massage techniques for treating its problems. In this lively and informative program you will learn how to tell if your muscles, tendons, ligaments or nerves are the cause of your pain. Once you know where your pain is coming from, then you will learn simple and effective techniques that you can use to heal yourself. Presented in a clear and concise manner, this video is a must-see for anyone with occasional or chronic hand pain, Carpal Tunnel syndrome, or anyone working in a hand-intensive occupation.
Never worry about wrist or hand pain again. Learn how to heal yourself!
This 30 mins DVD is divided into 5 sections
- Section 1- anatomy of the hand- in this section we discuss the bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves of the hand and forearm
- Section 2-muscle tests. In this section I show simple tests to determine what muscles are the cause of your pain.
- Section 3- muscle release techniques. In this section I show how to relieve muscular pain within 10 minutes.
- Section 4- nerve tests and stretches. If the muscle work did not help, I now show other tests that will help to indicate if the damage if ligament or nerve damage.
- Section 5- choosing the right help. In this section I clarify what you can expect from various health care practitioners.
Massage Today Review:
The video is clinical and even-handed in its approach. It provides simple self-evaluation tests, including ones for carpal tunnel syndrome, with realistic expectations established on the time needed for healing. Recommendations for preventing problems would have been beneficial – especially for massage therapists who often hurt their hands. The video ended with a useful guide for the non-professional to understand approaches employed by various types of medical practitioners.
Overall, the video is a thorough picture of the workings of the hand. It could serve as a handy tool for massage therapists to educate and encourage clients to be active participants in their own healing.
About The Instructor
Sean Riehl has been a massage therapist since 1990 and taught massage in the US since 1993. He has extensive advanced training in various modalities. He has presented at the AMTA California conference, written multiple articles appearing in Massage Magazine and the Biotone Newsletter as well as being the author of a number of videos on massage.
Sean graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Religious studies & Studio Art from University of California at Santa Barbara. He lives in Santa Barbara, California. Sean believes that it is the information, not the instructor, that is important- and therefore he tries to keep a low profile. He currently spends his time developing high quality and informative videos.