Learn how to stretch the lower back and pelvis/hip joint with Dr. Joe Muscolino. Beginner, intermediate and advanced techniques are demonstrated and taught: Stretching of functional groups, pin and stretch, and neural inhibition (CR/PIR/PNF, and AC) stretching techniques are all covered. All stretching techniques are taught with an emphasis on body mechanics. In addition, this double DVD set also includes orthopedic assessment of the lumbar spine, hip joint mobilization, and stretching of the thoracic spine!
Dr. Joe Muscolino is a chiropractor in private practice and has been a manual therapy educator for more than 25 years. He explains and teaches these techniques simply, clearly, and thoroughly! This 2-DVD set is a must for all manual therapists: massage therapists, structural integration practitioners, athletic trainers, physical and occupational therapists, chiropractic and osteopathic physicians.
PART 1. ORTHOPEDIC ASSESSMENT TESTING
1. Straight leg Raise 2. Slump Test 3. Cough and Valsalva
PART 2. STRETCHING THE LUMBAR SPINE
4. Introduction to Stretching the Trunk 5. Stretching the Trunk · Posterior Line 6. Stretching the Trunk · Lateral Line 7. Stretching the Trunk · Anterior Line 8. Lumbar Spine Traction
PART 3: STRETCHING THE PELVIS/HIP JOINT
9. Introduction to Stretching the Hip Joint 10. Stretching the Hamstrings 11. Stretching the Gluteal Muscles 12. Stretching the Piriformis & Other Deep lateral Rotators 13. Stretching the Medial Rotators 14 Stretching the Hip Flexors 15 . Stretching the Abductors 16. Sllelchlng the Adductors
PART 4 : NEURAL INHIBITION STRETCHING
17. Introduction to Neural Inhibition Stretching 18. Contract Relax (CR) Stretching 19. Agonist Contract (AC) Stretching 20. Contract Relax Agonist Contract (CRAC) Stretching
PART 5: ADDITIONAL CONTENT
21. Pin & Stretch Technique 22_ Hip Joint Mobilization 23. Stretching the Thoracic Spine