Before you can assess or treat a muscle, you first must be able to locate it on the body. This acclaimed book, used in more than 1,700 manual therapy schools, is designed as a hands-on tour that will teach you to palpate the body’s structure with ease and precision. With 440 pages and 1,400 illustrations covering more than 162 muscles, 206 bones, 33 ligaments and 110 bony landmarks, this text provides an invaluable map of the body. Whether you are a massage therapist, physical therapist, sports trainer or student in any bodywork modality, Trail Guide to the Body is for you!
What is changing?
1. The 5th edition will include trigger point information as an addendum in the back.
2. No more DVD inside the back cover, it is replaced with web-based video. (The DVD can still be purchased separately)
3. e-XPLORE – Our online student resources will include the content from the Trail Guide DVD, the audio content from the Trail Guide Audio CD’s, and muscle overlay images. This content is free to customers who purchase the Trail Guide textbook. They will find information on how to access e-XPLORE within the textbook.
4. Minor revisions of illustrations.
What is staying the same?
1. Page numbers. Other than additional pages at the back of the text for the trigger point addendum, none of the page numbers will change from the 4th edition to the 5th edition. This will make the transition seamless for instructors.
2. Student Workbook and Flashcards content will not change.